The Highlands and Islands of Scotland are world-renowned for their archaeological heritage sites, such as Skara Brae, Maeshowe, the Camster Cairns and Mousa Broch, so there's no better place to study archaeology. Students and researchers also benefit from being part of a vibrant archaeological community.
- BA (Hons) Archaeology
- BSc (Hons) Archaeological Science
- BA (Hons) Scottish History and Archaeology
- BA (Hons) History and Archaeology
- BSc (Hons) Archaeology and Environmental Studies
- MLitt Archaeological Studies
- MSc Archaeological Practice
- MLitt History and Archaeology of the Highlands and Islands
You can also study for either MPhil (Master of Philosophy) or PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) in archaeology, enabling you to develop your own interests and ideas alongside a growing group of postgraduate research students undertaking research into a wide variety of topics. If you are interested in undertaking a research degree in archaeology, then please contact the department either via email or phone, to discuss your ideas before making a formal application.
For more information on any of our courses please feel free to contact Dr.Ingrid Mainland or telephone +44 (0)1856 569323 for an informal chat.