Learning and Teaching Academy Scholarship Fund
The Learning and Teaching Academy awards a small number of scholarships each year to enable university staff to undertake relevant education-related scholarship and research. Learning and Teaching Academy scholarship calls are often linked to current or emerging issues of particular interest to the university, or which are topical within the education sector. However the scholarships can also be focused on the further development of existing pedagogic research projects.
The outputs of scholarship projects typically take the form of reports, with recommendations to guide effective practice and further research, or may also be produced as academic papers for a chosen education or discipline-related journal.
LTA Scholarship Fund 2018/19
The LTA Scholarship Fund for 2018/19 is now open for applications. This year we are inviting proposals for research and evaluation projects in four key areas:
- Topic 1: Linking evidence to curriculum enhancement
- Topic 2: Linking student representation to enhancement
- Topic 3: Linking feedback to progression
- Topic 4: Developing pedagogic research
Topics 1-3 above relate to three projects which form part of the University’s work as part of the current QAA Enhancement Theme, Evidence for Enhancement: Improving the Student Experience. More information about these projects can be found on the LTA webpages. More information about the Enhancement Theme can be found on the QAA website.
Further information including key documents
- Proposals are due by 1200 on Friday 21 September 2018
- Proposals should comprise a completed LTA Scholarship Fund 2018/19 Application Form and Letter(s) of Support
- Funding decisions will be communicated no later than Friday 28 September 2018
Other key dates
- Wednesday 03 October 1000-1200: ‘Getting started with your LTA Scholarship’ webinar. LTA staff will talk you through the ethical review process and address any queries
- Applications for ethical approval to be completed and endorsed the applicant’s supervisor/manager by Wednesday 24 October 2018
- Initial progress report (bullet points) to be submitted Monday 03 December 2018.
- Interim project report (up to two sides of A4) to be submitted Monday 11 March 2019.
- Final project outputs to be submitted by Friday 27 July 2019
You can find out about past scholarship projects here.