Three Mentoring Strands
The scheme is organised around three distinct mentoring strands, comprising:
Research Mentoring Strand for university staff engaging in, or planning to engage in research.
Learning and Teaching Enhancement Mentoring Strand for university staff newly appointed in learning and teaching lecturing and support roles, experienced lecturing and learning and teaching support staff wishing to gain mentoring in specific areas of expertise and university staff with to develop academic leadership.
ALPINE (Accredited Learning, Professional development and Innovation in Education) Mentoring Strand for staff engaging with the portfolio route on ALPINE.
Indicative roles at the university for each Fellowship Category
Research Mentoring Strand
- Early Career Researchers
- Staff aspiring to/returning to research
- Lecturing staff aspiring to undertake research to support and enhance their subject expertise
- Established researchers
Learning and Teaching Enhancement Strand
- Early Career Educators
- Experienced staff wishing to gain mentoring in specific areas of expertise
- Academic Leadership: Colleagues seeking career progression to senior academic and academic-related roles and colleagues newly appointed senior academic and academic-related roles
ALPINE (Accredited Learning, Professional development and Innovation in Education)
Colleagues applying for:
- Associate Fellow of the HEA
- Fellow of the HEA
- Senior Fellow of the HEA
- Principal Fellow of the HEA