Using other libraries
Information for UHI students, staff and researchers
UHI is a member of the SCONUL Access scheme, a co-operative scheme which supports the learning resource needs of distance learning, part-time and placement students in the UK.
As a UHI student you can access other libraries within the scheme.
- To join, visit www.sconul.ac.uk/sconul-access
- Complete Step #1 by selecting what kind of user you are and Step #2 by selecting the name of your institution and click on find
- You will then see a map of libraries you can apply to
- Click on the red marker on the map of the chosen institution and click on apply for access
- Complete the online library access application form and submit
- You will then receive an email to confirm your application has been sent*
- Once your application has been approved you will receive an email which you must print off and take with you to the institution along with your home university library or ID card.
The borrowing arrangements, for example the number of books you may borrow, is at the discretion of each individual university. There may be some restrictions on the types of materials you can borrow, such as books in high demand at that particular institute. You should also appreciate that local libraries, even academic ones, may not stock books or journals relevant to your area of study.
Note that licensing agreements usually restrict access to electronic databases to staff and students enrolled in that particular university or college.
Be prepared to abide by the rules of the library you wish to use. You will be responsible for any fines or replacement costs incurred.
Should you have any queries please contact your academic partner library for details.
*If your application is denied you will receive an email to notify you.