iPhone/iPod Touch Configuration Instructions for Office365
This document lists the steps for setting up your iPhone/ iPod Touch with your Office 365 account.
- iPhone/ iPod Touch
- An Office 365 Account
Steps to Configure your iPhone/iPod Touch to work with Office 365
1. Go into the Settings App
Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Select Access Settings
Choose Add Account
3. Select Microsoft Exchange from the displayed list
4. Fill in the following Details
Under Email <Your email address, e.g., Joe.Bloggs@uhi.ac.uk>
Domain <leave blank>
Username <Your current username @ uhi.ac.uk e.g. JB01EO@uhi.ac.uk>
Password <Your usual UHI password for your email account>
5. Select Next
Server Information, this may be pre-populated. If not enter outlook.office365.com
Please note the Server Information is subject to change by Microsoft, we will not be advised of changes. If this does not work then using a PC/Laptop do the following to check the required server address;
- Sign in to the Office 365 web access client, http://outlook.com/uhi.ac.uk.
- Select Options from the top right hand section of your Microsoft portal home page.
- Select See All Options.
- On the middle of the page beneath Contact Numbers Click on Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access.
- Note down the server name under POP setting. You will need to enter this server name in the blank server field
6. Select Next
You will then need to select what items you want to Sync to your phone.
Note: if you choose to sync your Contacts, this will populate your device's Contacts App with many addresses, we would not recommend this.
7. Select Save
8. Your account should then have been successfully added.
Under Settings - Accounts, you will see an entry for uhi.ac.uk, with a note underneath of the items you have selected to sync.
To change the sync information select the uhi.ac.uk account and change the items you want to sync or the Mail Days to Sync entry.
9. Your email should now appear when accessing the Mail app.
With thanks to Dundee University for sharing the original documentation on this with us.