Nvivo Home Use
The university has a site license for QSR Nvivo making it available to all staff and students. If you would like to install the software on your PC or laptop please follow the steps below:
- email email@example.com from your university email account (@uhi.ac.uk) and ask for an Nvivo software license key.
- Go to http://www.qsrinternational.com (opens in a new window)
- From the top menu click on Support, then click on Downloads from the lower menu.
- Select the required version of Nvivo from beneath the Download QSR Software heading.
- Download the software and select Save, choose a location to save to.
- The download should start (please note that the file may be over 600MB in size)
- Once downloaded, locate the file and run it to install Nvivo.
- During the install you'll be asked for a license key, enter the details you've received from the UHI Servicedesk. If you haven't applied for this yet, opt to start a 30 day trial, you will need to go in later and add a proper license key.
Please note you will only be licensed to use this whilst you are a student or staff at the university, if you leave you should remove the software. The software should only be used for academic or research purposes, it should not be used for commercial or personal financial gain.