Nvivo Home Use
The university has a site license for QSR Nvivo (Version 11) making it available to all staff and students. If you would like to install the software on your PC or laptop please follow the steps below:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org from your university email account (@uhi.ac.uk) and ask for an Nvivo software license key.
- Go to the Nvivo website and download version 11 for your device
- Download the software and select Save, choose a location to save to.
- Once downloaded, locate the file and run it to install Nvivo.
- During the install you'll be asked for a license key, enter the details you've received from the UHI Servicedesk. If you haven't applied for this yet, opt to start a 14 day trial, you will need to go in later and add a proper license key.
NOTE: we only license for Nvivo 11, if you wish to download and use a newer version of the software you will need to source the license yourself.
You will only be licensed to use this whilst you are a student or staff at the university, if you leave you should remove the software. The software should only be used for academic or research purposes, it should not be used for commercial or personal financial gain.