The University of the Highlands and Islands is the United Kingdom’s leading integrated university encompassing both further and higher education. Based in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, our distinctive partnership of 13 independent colleges and research institutions is locally based and rooted in communities, but with national and international reach, as part of a regional university structure.
To support our work we are recruiting to the following role :
Administration Assistant (Centre for History) 0.5 FTE
|Salary range||£23,597 - £29,025 per annum pro rata|
|Working hours||17.5 hours per week|
|Location||Centre for History, Dornoch|
|Closing Date||Sunday 18 March 2018|
The Centre for History, founded in 2005, is part of the Humanities, Gaelic and Education Subject Network, Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business, University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI). The Centre has a strong team of research-active scholars, and a curriculum and research officer, who have developed an innovative range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
As Administrative Assistant (0.5FTE) at the Centre, in Dornoch, you will carry out day to day administrative tasks, help organise and minute meetings and other events, deal with postal and email correspondence and telephone enquiries, help with enrolment and administration on undergraduate and masters-level programmes, assist with the Centre’s exam board preparation, as well as marketing and social networking.
The minimum requirements for selection are as follows:
- education to Higher/Advanced Higher level with good pass grades in English, or equivalent
- experience of working in a busy office or similar environment
- experience of managing and analysing information using computer based systems e.g. spreadsheets, databases
- excellent ICT skills, including Microsoft Excel, as well as a good level of competency in using other aspects of Microsoft Office package
- high standards of accuracy, and professional presentation of work
- ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- ability to prioritise and manage your own workload, keeping to tight deadlines
- ability to use your own initiative
- ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- ability to prioritise in a changing environment
- flexibility e.g. willingness to provide cover in times of need
- willingness to undertake training
A detailed job description and person specification for the post are attached.
Interviews will be held on Monday 30 April 2018, in Dornoch.
- Job description
- Person specification
- Further information
- Guidance notes for candidates
- Summary of terms and conditions of employment
- Apply online