This is not an exhaustive list of helplines. If you know of a good helpline let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that UHI is not responsible for the content of external websites.
If you are worried someone might check what websites you visit, find out about web safety.
Breathing Space Scotland, is a free and confidential phoneline service for any individual, who is experiencing low mood or depression, or who is unusually worried and in need of someone to talk to.
0800 83 85 87 Opening hours: Monday - Thursday 6pm - 2am, Friday 6pm - Monday 6am
- Alcoholics Anonymous - 0845 7697 555
Bereavment, Loss and Grief
- Cruse - Day by Day Helpline 0844 4779400 Open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm. Young Person's freephone helpline - 0808 8081677
- Bully OnLine is the world's largest resource on bullying for all age groups
- National Bullying Helpline - 0845 2255787 Open Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm, Saturday 10am - 2pm
Depression, Stress and Anxiety
- Choose Life Suicide prevention in Scotland
- The Samaritans - 08457 909090
- MIND National Association for Mental Health information line - 08457 660163 (local rate)
- Papyrus Preventing young suicide
- SAD Seasonal Affective Disorder Association
- The CALM Zone Preventing male suicide
- Elefriends A supportive online community to listen, share and be heard
- Blurt Increasing awareness and underestanding of depression, and providing dedicated support
- Anxiety UK National charity helping people with anxiety
- Abused Men In Scotland – This is a national organisation working with men who have experienced or are experiencing domestic abuse. Freephone from 7pm – 10pm 0808 8000024
- Scottish Women's Aid
- Scottish Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0800 0271234
- Talk to Frank - National Drugs Helpline 0800 776600
- GamCare -Leading provider of information, advice, support and free counselling for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling.