Higher Education Childcare Discretionary Fund

If you are a full-time student, this fund will assist you in meeting the cost of childcare whilst you attend University. The funds are paid in addition to any other forms of student support and you are expected to take reasonable steps to maximise your income and minimise your expenditure whilst undertaking your course.

If you are a part-time or postgraduate student, assistance for childcare costs will be considered from the Higher Education Discretionary Fund.

An application form for 2017/18 can be downloaded here or you can get one from your local UHI college or research institution. Please note that applications can be made using an online form at the following colleges:

  • Argyll College UHI
  • Inverness College UHI
  • Moray College UHI
  • North Highland College UHI
  • Perth College UHI
  • West Highland College UHI


Applications must be made at the UHI college or research institution where you are enrolled, or online if that is one of the colleges listed above.

Your local student support team will provide help and advice in completing your application.