International students at the university can take advantage of a number of Scholarships. Some are funded by government or external bodies and others by our partners.
Scotland's Saltire Scholarship is a programme of scholarships funded jointly by the Scottish Government and Scottish Universities. The scheme offers 50 awards, each worth £8000 as a contribution towards the tuition fees, for one year of a postgraduate Masters level course.
To be considered for the scholarship you must meet eligibility criteria:
- be a national of one of the following countries: Canada, China, India, Pakistan, United States of America. (Hong Kong is also eligible as a Special Adminstrative Region of China.)
- you have received either a conditional or unconditional offer on an eligible course from the University of the Highlands and Islands for a place starting in September 2018.
- your course must be at postgraduate Masters level and it must fall into one of the priority subject areas: science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, renewable and clean energy (see the full list of subjects here)
- you must be able to demonstrate that you can meet the costs of living in Scotland and remaining tuition fees
- you must not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Sctotland
- you must not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship
£8000 towards tuition fees (for any one year of study)
How to apply
To apply please visit the Scottish Saltire Scholarship Webpage.
The deadline for applications for the 2018/19 scholarships is 27 May 2018 (Midnight BST)
Notification of awards
Your university will inform you shortly after the closing date.
More information can be found on the Scottish Saltire Scholarship Webpage.