Reasons to study at UHI
Why should you study, as an international student, at the University of the Highlands and Islands?
- The Highlands and Islands of Scotland are one of the most beautiful regions in Europe, so you will be able to study and live in an unspoilt, natural environment
- The small class sizes mean that you will have a more personal experience of university, and our friendly staff are always available to help and support you throughout your studies
- The University has expertise in a number of research areas, and in the 2008 ) elements of UHI research in Celtic studies, archaeology and earth systems science were recognised as 'world-leading'
- In your spare time you will be able to enjoy the amazing landscapes of the region and take part in outdoor pursuits, or take advantage of the many cultural and historical sites across the Highlands and Islands, or even go to a major music festival! There's something here for everyone
- UHI has expertise in some very specialised subjects, including: marine science, renewable energy, archaeology, sustainable development, oral health, adventure tourism, Gaelic and many more, so you can choose to do something different and special
- UHI is a member of Education UK (British Council) and the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)
- The University has many global connections and relationships with other universities around the world
- UHI is a government-funded university and a UKBA Highly Trusted Sponsor