Postgraduate Programmes & CPD
If you are a registered nurse, midwife or other health or social care professional looking to extend your educational qualifications, we can offer you a range of education opportunities, from standalone CPD modules to Masters Degrees.
Our Masters programme in Advanced Nursing Practitioner/ Advanced Professional Practice can contribute towards a Masters in Science (MSc), Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate. You may also wish to undertake a standalone module for your continuing professional development.
As a postgraduate student, you will be taught by a highly qualified team of academic staff, who have extensive clinical and research experience, as well as by practicing clinicians with whom we work in close partnership to ensure all our modules and programmes provide our students with the contemporary knowledge and skills to work in health and social care settings. We have particular expertise in remote and rural nursing and healthcare and our programmes also suit health and social care practitioners who work in these settings.
We have expertise in blended learning and Virtual Learning Environment. Web based teaching technologies mean that you can access our programmes wherever you are with excellent academic support.
Programme and CPD Modules
- Clinical Assessment for Advanced Practitioners (CAAP)
- Clinical Reasoning, Judgement and Decision-making
- Non-medical Prescribing (NMP)
- Professional Leadership and Resilience
- Improving Processes and Outcomes for People
- Complex Symptom Management/Multi-morbidity in Practice
- Expertise in Dementia Practice
- Risk, Vulnerability and Incapacity
To complete the Masters you will choose one of the following:
- Quality Improvement (QI) Dissertation
- Applying Research Skills for Clinical Impact Dissertation