Graduate Apprenticeships in Civil Engineering
Graduate Apprenticeships offer a high level of academic and industry accreditation, combined with experience in the workplace. Whether it’s upskilling an existing employee or taking on a new recruit, a Graduate Apprenticeship is a great way to develop your workforce.
The University of the Highlands and Islands are looking for employers to sign up now for a September start for their existing or new members of staff.
Contact the Work-based Learning Hub now to see how it can help your business.
What is available?
Civil Engineering (Diploma Higher Education) - SCQF 8
This is a two year SCQF Level 8 (Diploma in Higher Education) Higher Apprenticeship that is ideally suited to employees looking to progress on from completion of a Modern Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering.
BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering - SCQF 10
This is a four year course with flexible entry point into the first, second and third year depending on the apprentice's qualifications. This will help your employee to obtain their professional accreditation.
How do they work?
A Graduate Apprentice in Civil Engineering is first and foremost an employee.
The mix between work and learning means the work your employee does counts towards their qualification. Apprentices will experience formal learning through a blend of virtual learning and block weeks at a time with the university at the Inverness College UHI campus.
What is expected of the employer?
Typically, the following would be expected:
- agree the structure of the Graduate Apprenticeship programme – this will include assessment methods, time spent at university, and projects that will need to be supported in the workplace
- attend quarterly meetings with Inverness College UHI and the Graduate Apprentice
- mentor the Graduate Apprentice and involvement in training and assessment elements
What are the benefits?
Why up-skill or re-skill an existing member of staff or take on a new apprentice? Here are just some of the benefits:
- Flexible entry and exit points mean your employees can get qualified to the level your business requires.
- Bring new talent, knowledge and skills into your business
- Retain your existing employees by supporting and investing in their development
- The programme is fully funded by Skills Development Scotland, so there is no training fee incurred by the employer or employee.
Download our leaflet
View our leaflet with further information, or phone 01463 279436.
We require your contact details to follow up with you regarding your interest in the Graduate Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering (please see our Privacy Notice regarding use of your personal data):