Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 08) CPD Award
Information line 01463 279190
What is special about this course?
The aim of this level 8 qualification is to enhance the skills developed in the intermediate level. You will look at financial team leader skills, including financial statements for limited companies, complex management skills and specialist learning areas. As a result, your contribution will be better recognised and regarded and you will have greater professional status.
On successful completion, you will automatically become an AAT affiliate member and with relevant work experience will qualify for AAT full membership.
- The AAT is the world's leading professional body for accounting technicians with more than 100,000 members worldwide and are best placed to give you the support and training you need to fulfill your potential.
- The AAT's qualifications are recognised by employers across all sectors and all industries.
- The respect that employers have for the AAT qualification can be a massive boost to your career prospects, whether you have already started out in your career or are taking your first steps.
- You learn and develop by doing the work and gain excellent practical understanding
- This scheme is open to everyone; you can join regardless of your age and no previous qualifications are required.
- An assessment will be made of your current knowledge and experience and this will assist in determining which level of entry you are accepted onto.
- You will also require reasonable numeracy skills.
Core modules are:
- Financial performance
- Financial statements
- Internal controls and accounting systems
Optional modules, from which you will choose two, include:
- Cash management
- Credit control
- Business taxation
- Personal taxation
- External auditing
How will I study my course?
- Part Time (Unstructured)
you will learn through a mixture of classroom-based activities and self study.
How long will my course last?
- Part time: 2 years
Where can I study my course?
- Orkney College UHI
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On completion of this course you may consider employment as an Accounts Technician in private practice, commence and the public sector.
You can apply for full AAT membership, which allows you to use the designation letters MAAT after your name.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 08) CPD Award
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.