What is special about this course?
This award has been developed to bridge the gap in specialist training within addiction services, in mental and general health care and social care.
This course is an essential part of training for all caring professionals within addiction services and will give you a recognised career and developmental pathway.
- This course is specifically designed for individuals working with clients within addictions or related fields
- It provides accredited learning and qualification recognising the specialist skills gained in a work setting
- The award meets the requirements of the SSSC for CPD purposes
- Literary subject at SCQF level 5 or above
- Candidates need to demonstrate their potential to meet the academic demands of the award and should be working in a role where they provide support to individuals with substance misuse issues. You should have completed SVQ 2 or be working at the level of SVQ 3
Candidates need to demonstrate their potential to meet the academic demands of the award and should be working in a role where they provide support to individuals with substance misuse issues. They should have completed their SVQ 2 or be working at the level of SVQ 3.
Year 1 - PDA
Core modules are:
- Brief Interventions for Substance Misuse
- Carry out Screening and Referral Assessment
- Raise Awareness about Substances, their use and effects
- Support Individuals who are Substance Users
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (Structured)
- You will study this course online via the university’s virtual learning environment (VLE), supported by your tutors
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 1 year
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness College UHI
- North Highland College UHI - January start only
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This PDA will be invaluable as part of ongoing CPD requirements for staff.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.