What is special about this course?
The Professional Development Award in Conveyancing delivers the essential skills and knowledge for practising conveyancing paralegals and is suitable for continuing professional development (CPD) or for anyone seeking to enter employment in this area.
If you are working as a paralegal, the PDA will enable you to gain a nationally recognised qualification which proves evidence of your practical, vocationally-relevant skills and will allow you to register under the Registered Paralegal Scheme.
- Successful completion of the course may also be a stepping-stone to further your legal career
- Your PDA is jointly awarded by SQA and the Scottish Paralegal Association (SPA) which is formally recognised by the Law Society of Scotland
- You will achieve a nationally-recognised award relevant to the workplace
- You will study part-time, which means you can fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments
There are no specific entry qualifications, but you should be working in a legal environment or have at least one higher in English, Modern Studies, History or Economics.
If you don’t meet our entry requirements, your previous experience and credentials may still qualify you for this course and you should arrange to discuss your eligibility with a member of staff.
Year 1 - PDA
- Legal and ethical issues
- Legal research techniques
- Legal secretarial practice
- Property law
- Residential conveyancing
NB Taught units are subject to change
How will I study my course?
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Part-time (structured)
- The flexibility of this course means you can fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments
How long will my course last?
The course will take 12 months to complete, with a recommended 5 hours of study per week.
Where can I study my course?
- Perth College UHI
- As this course is delivered online you can also start when it suits you. For information on how to apply for other start dates please contact Perth College UHI
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
You may be able to apply to have your course fees subsidised by up to £500 with an Individual Learning Account.
To find out more email email@example.com or call 01738 877521.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful completion of the course may also be a stepping-stone to further your legal career.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.