What is special about this course?
This PDA is designed to meet the needs of staff and volunteers working in a variety of learning and workplace settings. You will gain an understanding of needs of individuals with dyslexia in order to provide support in a variety of professional roles.
On completion you should be able to explain the nature and spectrum of dyslexia and its potential impact on individuals. This will enable you to devise appropriate and effective strategies for supporting individuals with dyslexia.
- This award is relevant to a wide range of people (both paid staff and volunteers) who are working in informal and formal education, recruitment and human resources, health and social care, including ex-offender services.
- Literary subject at SCQF level 5 or above
- Candidates need to demonstrate their potential to meet the academic demands of the award and should be working in a role where they provide support to individuals with dyslexia.
Year 1 - PDA
Core modules are:
- Understanding and Supporting Individuals with Dyslexia
- Working with Individuals with Dyslexia
How will I study my course?
Part Time (Structured)
You will study this course online via the university’s virtual learning environment (VLE) supported by your tutors.
How long will my course last?
Part Time: 1 year
Where can I study my course?
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This PDA will be studied by students as part of ongoing CPD requirements for staff.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.