AAT Accountancy Diploma SCQF Level 7
Course code N406
What is special about this course?
Jobs in accounting are extremely diverse - your skills can be used in every sector of employment, with career opportunities across the world or closer to home. Studying an AAT accounting qualification ensures you have the recognised abilities and experience that employers look for, so you can take on the challenges of your role with confidence.
This AAT Accountancy Diploma (SCQF Level 7) offers technical training in accounting, business awareness, and tax processes, providing you with the specialist knowledge and tools you will need to progress in your employment or further your studies in accountancy and finance.
- Flexible schedule
- Professional qualification
- Offers a route to becoming an AAT professional member via a level 8 AAT qualification
- Stepping stone toward university study, chartered accountancy, or self-employment
- Qualifications up to and including SCQF Level 6
- Competency in numerical skills
- Numeracy and Communication at SCQF level 5
- Previous work-based/accounting experience is beneficial but not mandatory
- A Scottish Higher in Maths, Accountancy, English, or anything demonstrating analytical skills and work with formulae and numbers, would be an advantage
Year 1 - SCQF level 7
You will study the following core modules:
- Business awareness
- Financial accounting: preparing financial statements
- Management accounting techniques
- Tax processes for business
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- You will learn through a combination of face to face teaching and online study via the university's virtual learning environment (VLE), with support from your tutors
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 1 years @ 5-10 hours per week
Number of hours per week indicates the total number of hours you should dedicate to the course, which includes time spent in lectures and your own time spent on individual study and research.
Where can I study my course?
- Orkney College UHI
- Variable - please contact Orkney campus for info
For information on costs of this course please contact the campus where you wish to study.
UHI has a number of scholarships, bursaries, awards, and discretionary fund opportunities available to new and current students. Please use the A-Z of funds or use the filter to see which ones may be relevant to you. All students are welcome to apply.
Further information on funding your studies is also available, please see the attached link or contact the relevant UHI partner.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course, you might like to consider careers in:
- Accounts assistant
- Finance officer
- Senior bookkeeper
- Payable and expenses supervisor
- Payroll supervisor
- Audit trainee
- Credit controller
Can I progress into further study?
You can progress from this course on to the Diploma in Accounting (SCQF level 8).
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for AAT Accountancy Diploma SCQF Level 7
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.