Management SVQ 4
Information line 01463 279190
What is special about this course?
The SCQF Level 9 SVQ in Management is aimed at managers, whose responsibilities include implementing operational plans, allocating work to others, achieving results and providing leadership. It is an internationally recognised qualification that allows you to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required for middle management roles.
You will have the opportunity to study a number of management subjects relevant to your current work and career aspirations.
- Jointly awarded with the Chartered Institute of Management (CMI)
- Widely recognised and valued by employers in both the public and private sector
- Opportunity to receive recognition for accumulated skills and experience
- Flexible learning arrangements
- Chance to tailor a qualification to fit the job role – by choosing appropriate optional units
- No formal entry qualifications. Applicants will be considered on an individual basis
- Essential requirement is that the you are working as a manager at an operational level.
- SVQ Level 3 Management
Year 1 - SVQ 4
Core modules are:
- Provide leadership in your area of responsibility
- Develop operational plans
- Develop and sustain productive working relationships with stakeholders
- Manage business processes
There is a wide range of option modules to suit your current job requirements and career aspirations in areas such as human resource and change management, promoting equality and inclusion, marketing, quality assurance, finance and resource management, operational and business process planning and personal development and networking.
How will I study my course?
- Part time (structured)
- This is a work-based qualification. You will have an assessor who will carry out workplace observations. You will also attend regular meetings with your assessor either in college or at your workplace.
- You will build an e-portfolio using the online platform 'Learning Assistant', and will be in regular communication with your assessor by email and through the online platform.
How long will my course last?
- Part time (structured): 12-18 months
Where can I study my course?
- Shetland College UHI
- Flexible start dates
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course, you might like to consider careers in a wide range of operational management roles in the public and private sector.
Can I progress into further study?
You may progress to the SCQF Level 11 SVQ in Management or other relevant courses.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Management SVQ 4
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.