What is special about this course?
This SCQF Level 9 award is required by managers of care settings as a second qualification for registration with the Scottish Social Services Council, or for managers who do not already possess a health and social care qualification. This includes care settings such as care homes, residential care or care at home services for children and young people.
- You will achieve a nationally recognised qualification
- You will become more aware of and have the opportunity to enhance your own management skills
- The award is a requirement for SSSC registration for managers and those working in care management with children and young people
- Candidates must have SVQ Level 3 and be working in a management position
- For information on the SVQ 3 Health and Social Care, please contact the college at which you wish to study
Year 1 - SVQ 4
Mandatory subjects include:
- Promote the well-being and protection of children and young people
- Develop and maintain healthy and safe practices in the workplace
- Continuing professional development of self and others
- Promote and maintain effective systems for communication
You will also study four optional units
How will I study my course?
- This course is work-based
- You will be assessed in the workplace and will be allocated an assessor
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 18 months
Where can I study my course?
- Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on other start dates and how to apply for them, please contact the campus you wish to study with.
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The SVQ will be studied by students as part of ongoing continuing professional development (CPD) requirements for managers.
Can I progress into further study?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.