Management (SCQF level 11) SVQ
What is special about this course?
The SVQ Management SCQF Level 11 is an internationally recognised qualification aimed at practising managers who have responsibility for substantial programmes and resources, and who may be able to influence the strategic development of the organisation.
This is a work-based qualification which allows you to gain recognition for your on-the-job work experience and skills.
- Flexible learning arrangements
- Jointly awarded with the Chartered Institute of Management (CMI)
- Widely recognised and valued by employers in both the public and private sector
- An opportunity to receive recognition for accumulated skills and experience
- The chance to tailor a qualification to fit the job role – by choosing appropriate optional units
Year 1 - SVQ
Core modules are:
- Lead your organisation
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Manage continuous improvement
You will also choose four units from a range of optional modules to suit your current job requirements and career aspirations. Areas include: human resource and change management; promoting equality and inclusion; marketing; quality assurance; finance and resource management; operational and business process planning; and personal development and networking.
How will I study my course?
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Part-time (structured)
- This is a work-based qualification. You will have an assessor who will carry out workplace observations. You will also attend regular meetings with your assessor either in college or at your workplace.
- You will build an e-portfolio using the online platform 'Learning Assistant', and will be in regular communication with your assessor by email and through the online platform.
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 12-18 months
Where can I study my course?
- Shetland College UHI
- Flexible start dates
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
Funding can be available for candidates aged 16-19 who are in full time employment from Skills Development Scotland. Further information on application.
You may be eligible for an ILA Scotland (Individual Learning Account), which can help cover this cost. Please apply as soon as possible to ensure your ILA Scotland funding is through in time to start the course.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant UHI partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course, you might like to consider careers in a wide range of strategic management roles in the public and private sector.
Can I progress into further study?
You may wish to progress onto a wide range of postgraduate programmes.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Management (SCQF level 11) SVQ
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.