The Emergency Study Fund has been set up to help students who are struggling financially as a result of the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are receiving an extremely high volume of student applications so please be aware we cannot guarantee to be able to support them all. However we will consider and respond to everyone as quickly as possible.
Eligible students may wish to apply to the fund in order to receive:
- Loan equipment (UK based students only) and software, where this is not available from their Academic Partner, to help them stay connected and study from home. This could include, but is not limited to:
- 4G dongle/sim card
- Support to enable them to work comfortably from their home. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Financial support for those who do not meet the eligibility criteria of discretionary funds
For those who are in receipt of, or about to claim for, Universal Credit, please note that any funds awarded to you may be classed as income and therefore impact future Universal Credit payments.
Please check if you are eligible for discretionary funding before applying to the Emergency Study Fund
- FE and HE students
- Part-time and Full-time students
- Home, RUK, EU and international students
- Those not eligible for support from Discretionary Funds
- Those who have been awarded discretionary funding are not eligible for further financial assistance, however may be eligible to receive equipment on loan
Examples of those eligible to apply include, but not limited to:
- If you are a face to face student who has used college equipment for studying but now find yourself studying from home and don’t have a laptop.
- If your children are being home schooled and there is only one computer.
- If your home broadband connection is poor.
- If you don’t have a suitable study area/furniture.
- If you are an international or EU student and unable to return home during the lockdown and have also lost your job.
The fund is OPEN for applications
- Complete and submit the online application form below.
- You will be asked to give the name and email address of a referee to support your application. The referee will be contacted to confirm you are engaging with study whilst working at home, where it is possible to do so. This could be:
- your Personal Academic Tutor (PAT)
- a member of academic staff
- a member of support staff
- Upon receipt of your application a panel will review and assess whether you are eligible for support.
Should you have any questions about the application form or process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our privacy notice