Student Book Fund
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, the Student Book Fund has been established to ensure that students are not disadvantaged by being unable to afford copies of books needed for their studies.
- The fund is to help students in financial hardship obtain books required for their studies, that they would otherwise struggle to obtain.
- Priority will be given to core texts, required reading, course textbooks and other essential titles. As the fund is limited, we cannot guarantee that every eligible application will be successful.
- Don’t forget that your campus library will be able to source loan copies or may direct you to eBook versions that you can read on any internet enabled device.
- Half of the available fund in any academic year will be held back for release at the start of the second semester.
- Open to ALL students including FE, HE, International and EU
- You must be in financial hardship to apply, for example:
- Any student in receipt of Further Education Bursary or Educational Maintenance Allowance.
- Any student in receipt of a SAAS bursary.
- Any student in receipt of the maximum student loan from the Student Loans Company.
- Any student in receipt of a SAAS part-time fee grant.
- Students not in receipt of any of the above may still apply and will be considered on an individual basis