Module Leaders ‘survival essentials’ workshop
Tuesday 5th June (12:30 - 16:30) - Wednesday 6th June (9:00 - 13:00)
The workshop will provide new and aspiring Module Leaders with a set of ‘survival essentials’ to guide them in their role.
The workshop will introduce relevant teams and members of staff; provide signposting to sources of information and guidance and provide an opportunity for participants to share their experiences; discuss challenges and build local support networks.
To support Module Leaders beyond the workshop, the information and guidance documents referred to during the event will be collated and developed into a resource after the event. Feedback from attendees will inform both the content and access points to maximise the effectiveness of the resource in providing on-going support for Module Leaders.
By the end of the workshop you will be aware of:
- The role and responsibilities of a module leader within the University;
- Where to find relevant academic standards and regulations;
- Where to locate information and guidance to support you in the role of module leadership;
- The key aspects of what is needed to lead the preparation, planning and delivery of modules;
- Other module leaders across the University, including those based in your own College who can provide a network of support;
- The key aspects of what is needed to lead the reflection on, evaluation and enhancement of modules
The programme will be delivered through videoconferene. Participants will be provided with a room/vc code for their own institution.
The programme will be confirmed by mid-March.
Please visit eventbrite to register for this event.
We want to make this a positive experience for all participants and hope we have met everyone’s needs in joining this event. If you have particular access needs please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work together to get you as good an experience as we can.
Please email any questions to email@example.com