Android Configuration Instructions for Office365
Here are the steps for setting up your Android device to work with your Office 365 account.
These instructions have been produced using a generic Android phone. You may encounter slight variations with your phone.
- An Android phone with access to the internet
- An Office 365 e-mail account
Steps to Configure Android with Office 365
- Press the Menu button and tap Settings.
The way to access settings may vary depending on your type of phone.
- Tap Accounts & Sync in the Settings dialog box.
- Tap Add account in the Accounts & sync settings dialog box.
- Tap Exhange ActiveSync.
- In the Add an Exchange account dialog box:
- Enter your Office 365 email address in the E-mail Address field.
- Enter your password.
- Tap Next.
- In the Server settings dialog box:
If your phone has a username and / or an e-mail address field, enter your e-mail address.
- Enter your e-mail address is in the Domain\Username field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Enter *your server name in the Server field.
- Tap Next.
*If your Android phone is unable to automatically locate the correct Office 365 server name, please carry out the following steps:
- Sign in to the Office 365 web access client
- Select Options from the top right hand section of your Microsoft portal home page.
- Select See All Options.
- On the middle of the page beneath Contact Numbers Click on Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access.
- Note down the server name under POP setting. You will need to enter this server name when configuring your Android phone with Office 365.
Once you obtain your Office 365 server name, you will enter it in the Server field.
- Select your settings in the Account options dialog box and tap Next.
- Enter Office 365 for the account name in the Set up email dialog box.
- Tap Done.
- Return to your home screen and open your e-mail application.
You may have to force the application to restart.