About the UHI Toolkit
The UHI Toolkit is open to all staff within UHI. The aim of the Toolkit is to encourage staff not to re-invent the proverbial wheel but instead to share good practice and resources and to work together to create new resources.
Resources can be either a URL or an actual artefact uploaded to the Toolkit.
The Toolkit is intended to host:
- Resources that can be used to assist staff in their teaching e.g. how to facilitate a discussion board, how to get the best from video conferencing, working with online students, etc.
- Resources that can be used in student learning e.g. Khan Academy, learning objects developed by the Educational Development Unit and resources that you have developed yourself.
- Images that staff can use in the development of their learning material.
The Toolkit has the following key features :
- Ability to upload resources (online and local) and categorise them in multiple categories
- Ability to search and discover resources
- Ability to browse users
- Ability to browse categories
- Ability to create a favourites list
Link to the UHI Toolkit - http://www.toolkit.uhi.ac.uk/
The success of the Toolkit depends on the staff who use it.