The UHI Toolkit is open to all staff within UHI. The aim of the Toolkit is to encourage staff not to re-invent the proverbial wheel but instead to share good practice and resources and to work together to create new resources.
Resources can be either a URL or an actual artefact uploaded to the Toolkit.
The Toolkit is intended to host:
- Resources that can be used to assist staff in their teaching e.g. how to facilitate a discussion board, how to get the best from video conferencing, working with online students, etc.
- Resources that can be used in student learning e.g. Khan Academy, learning objects developed by the Educational Development Unit and resources that you have developed yourself.
- Images that staff can use in the development of their learning material.
The Toolkit has the following key features :
- Ability to upload resources (online and local) and categorise them in multiple categories
- Ability to search and discover resources
- Ability to browse users
- Ability to browse categories
- Ability to create a favourites list
Link to the UHI Toolkit
Learning resources designed to support you in using the Toolkit can be found in the Support Portal - UHI Toolkit. The self-directed session demonstrates the functionality of the Toolkit and uses instructional videos to guide you through the process of editing your profile, uploading, searching, browsing and editing. resources.
The success of the Toolkit depends on the staff who use it.