Highlands and Islands 2020 Event
Mar 18, 2013
from 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
|Where||UHI Executive Office, Ness Walk, Inverness and by VC link|
|Contact Name||Charlotte Lever|
|Contact Phone||01856 569249|
|Add event to calendar||
Now that the EU budget has been set for 2014-20, and transition status has been confirmed for the Highlands and Islands, we can start to discuss what this means for the region. This event brings together some of the key players in this debate to reflect on the opportunities and challenges.
The afternoon will start with presentations to set the scene from Dr Andrew Copus, Senior Research Fellow, University of the Highlands and Islands, who will give an overview of the current state of the region in terms of EU funding. We will then get the latest Scottish Government perspective from Kat Feldinger, European Structural Funds Division, Scottish Government.
There will then be an interactive panel debate, including speakers from:
- Scottish Government
- European Commission in the UK
- DG Regional Policy, European Commission
- DG Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion, European Commission
- University of Edinburgh
- DG Research, European Commission
- Scotland Europa
- The Highlands & Islands European Partnership
We are pleased to confirm that the following are just some of the speakers who will be presenting at the event. We look forward to what they have to say and the debate and discussion this will stimulate:
- SHANE RANKIN, Deputy Director, European Structural Funds, Scottish Government
- MORAY GILLAND, Head of Unit Operational Efficiency, DG Regional & Urban Policy
- DIRK AHNER, former Director General for Regional Policy; Adviser to Dacian Ciolos, Commissioner for Agriculture & Rural Development
- CIARAN DEARLE, Regional Dimension of Innovation, DG Research & Innovation
- LAURENT SENS, Policy Officer, DG Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion
- SARAH ENGLISH, Head of Brussels Office, Scotland Europa
For updates on the event keep an eye on this page.
Video conference links will be available.