Leading rural health - A’ stiùireadh slàinte dhùthchail
The seminar will consider how social science in the Highlands and Islands has contributed to new ways of delivering health and wellbeing services and activities to rural communities.
8 Remote access
Joining instructions will be forwarded three days prior to the event
University events team
à Add to Calendar
The seminar will consider new ways of delivering health and wellbeing to rural communities, including the interventions, products, services and tools that can support rural health. Presentations will give an overview of some of the university’s rural health research on social prescribing, non-pharmaceutical interventions and digital support for mental health. The event will consider how social science in the Highlands and Islands has contributed to new ways of delivering health and wellbeing services and activities to rural communities. It will look at the impact of this in terms of and the importance of rural health provision improving to support our rural communities and retain / grow our population and the potential economic impact of commercialising rural health products and services. Presentations will cover: -
- rural community services study
- NHS frontline workers digital health study
- reducing amputations through remote monitoring study
- how social prescribing delivers health and wellbeing for rural areas
- potential of and impacts from online art therapy
The event will be chaired by Jim Hume Convener of the National Rural Mental Health Forum. Our panel will consist of:
- Moira Mackenzie, board member, Director of Innovation & Deputy Chief Executive Officer of The Digital Health & Care Innovation Centre (DHI)
- University alumni – Dr. Artur Steiner, Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) and Dr Kate Stephen, Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC)
- James Cameron (Head of Inward Investment & Life Sciences, Highlands and Islands Enterprise
This event forms part of a series celebrating the university partnership's 10th birthday and will examine how we can help lead our region to a post-COVID recovery.
The event will include a panel discussion and question and answer session.
Please read our policy on how we treat any personal information collected in relation to our events:
Data Protection Statement for Events