Reseau d’Excellence des Territoires Insulaires 2015
Jun 26, 2015 09:00 AM
Jul 01, 2015 05:00 PM
|Where||Orkney College UHI|
|Contact Name||Professor Donna Heddle|
|Contact Phone||+44 (0)1856 569247|
|Add event to calendar||
Studying and working with/ on/ about/ for islands: multi-disciplinary perspectives on island studies with particular reference to the impact of cultural heritage on economic development in island destinations.
Each year, the Reseau d’Excellence des Territoires Insulaires (RETI) network have one major event, comprising a two-day symposium of presentations on an island theme, the main governing committee meeting, a study visit and a summer school. This year, the University of the Highlands and Islands' Centre for Nordic Studies is to host this event at Orkney College UHI, from 26 June to 1 July. This offers an excellent opportunity for university students and staff working in the field of rural, remote and/ or island economic development to present papers and meet with other academics and researchers from RETI members across the globe.
We welcome papers from academics and professionals alike in cultural heritage related topics such as:
- Culture and its relationship with place, landscape, and cultural identity
- Cultural cross currents in island studies
- Issues affecting multidisciplinarity/ interdisciplinarity in island studies
- Orkney and creativity
- Effects of economic developments on island communities and cultural heritage
- Economic value of Cultural heritage: impacts on development trends
Deadline for abstract submissions is 15 March 2015.