University of the Highlands and Islands
Orkney College UHI
t: +44 (0)1856 569265
Available to talk to the media about
- Graduate careers in the Highlands and Islands
- Higher Education and migration from Orkney and Shetland
- Careers services at the University of the Highlands and Islands
Rosie Alexander is a careers adviser with ten years experience of delivering careers guidance in rural and remote communities. She is currently the Careers Manager for the University of the Highlands and Islands and is responsible for developing guidance services for students and graduates of the University. She has a particular interest in the career and education pathways of young people pursuing higher education from Scotland's island communities.
- PhD research: "The impact of island location on students’ higher education choices and subsequent career narratives: a case study of the Orkney and Shetland Islands"
- Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS)
- Alexander, R (2013) ‘Here you have to be a bit more fluid and willing to do different things’: Graduate career development in rural communities’ Journal of the National Institute for Career Education and Counselling, 31: 36-42