Call for papers: Creative Orkney 2014
With keynote addresses from
Professor Tony Jones CBE
Chancellor of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago
The conference has the following aims:
- to explore creativity and its relationship with place and landscape, academically and creatively
- to propose that creativity should be at the heart of our community
- to explore Orkney’s creativity present and future
- to bring together the creative and education sectors in Orkney and beyond
- to showcase creative practice and the creative industries in Orkney
- to offer practical workshops and one-to-one mentoring
We welcome papers from academics and practitioners alike in art and cultural identity related topics such as:
- Creativity and its relationship with place, landscape, and cultural identity
- Cultural cross currents in art and literature, especially Celtic and Norse
- The nature of creative practice
- Orkney and creativity
- Creativity and community
We hope to take forward a selection of papers from this conference for online publication.
Papers will be 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion. In addition to individual papers, suggestions for panel topics are welcome. Panels exploring a particular issue around the theme are encouraged, and these would receive one hour including paper presentations and discussion.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 13th June 2014.
Please submit your abstract(s) for consideration (max 300 words) to Prof. Donna Heddle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For panel submissions, please submit both an abstract for the whole panel and abstracts for each individual paper.