Projects & Collaborations
Projects that develop safe, usable, and effective health and wellbeing products and services are needed to capture this growing market.
Some of our ongoing projects are included below. If you would like your university project, partnership, or collaboration listed here please contact email@example.com
- Active Health Exercise Laboratories studies, Centre for Health Science, Inverness
- Highland Rugby Club partnership with Inverness College, Inverness
- Green Health Partnership with the Department of Nursing and Midwifery, Inverness
- Tourism opportunities to promote improved health and wellbeing, West Highland College, Fort William
- Development of new sports facilities, Inverness College, Inverness
Below are several case studies involving physical activity and wellbeing research carried out within the University of the Highlands and Islands.
Exercising with a stoma is safe and benefits patients’ physical and mental health. Study by the Department of Nursing and Midwifery, Centre for Health Science, Inverness.
Improving physical and mental health through adventure tourism. Study by the Centre for Recreation and Tourism Research, West Highland College UHI, Fort William
Consuming an antioxidant rich drink with dinner is unlikely to undo the short-term damage caused by an unhealthy meal. Study by the Division of Biomedical Sciences, Centre for Health Science, Inverness
New WheelNess project to improve health and wellbeing by getting people cycling in Inverness. Study by the Department of Nursing and Midwifery, Centre for Health Science, Inverness