Global Collaboration for Rural Mental Health
The Global Collaborative for Rural Mental Health (GCRMH) is a membership network open to anyone with an interest in mental health and wellbeing within remote and rural areas. We have both organisational and individual members.
The purpose of GCRMH is to provide an international platform for research, advocacy, and collaboration in the field of rural mental health and wellbeing. Our organisation has five overarching objectives:
- To identify and highlight mental health needs in rural and remote areas across the globe.
- To encourage and emphasise international collaboration while assessing the need for comparative work on rural mental health, encompassing notions of definition, differentiation of experience, services and access, migration, culture, stigma, and rural experience.
- To advocate for the mental health of rural and remote populations across the globe as well as accentuate and safeguard human dignity for rural populations.
- To define and determine efficacious practice that can be modelled on an international scale while maintaining sensitivity toward cultural diversity.
- To establish an international forum through conferences and publications which will serve as an educative tool and inform governmental policies on mental health issues within rural/remote populations and communities worldwide.
The GCRMH was launched in August 2019 by its founding organisational members: the University of the Highlands and Islands (with the Scottish Rural Health Partnership) and Texas A&M University-Kingsville (TAMUK).
Organisational Membership: £30 per annum. As an organisational member, you will be listed on our website as a supporter of the GCRMH. You will have advance notice of our conference themes, call for papers and opportunities for sponsorship. You will be entitled to nominate one member of your organisation for election to sit on the secretariat and one person to sit on the advisory committee (the first open elections for these posts will be held in February 2021). GCRMH Organisation application
Individual Membership: £15 per annum (£10 if you work or volunteer for an organisation that is already a member) As a member, you will receive free access to our webinar series on rural mental health (four per year) and our newsletter (two per year). You will be entitled to nominate yourself for election to the secretariat or the advisory committee (the first open elections for these posts will be held in February 2021). GCRMH Personal application
Please complete a membership form and return to email@example.com. You will then be given a code to complete payment via the UHI website.
Organisations or individuals who sign up using the special form given out at the conference will be awarded a free membership for the year running August 2019 – July 2020.