The organisers of the 2020 research theme the Edge are pleased to announce the first joint HARC/SILK photography competition. This is to accompany the seminars and other activities of our current research theme which will be extended into 2021.
The first photography competition will commence on 5th November and run until the 24th of December. Photographs taken over this period are eligible. This is open to photographers of all levels but restricted to UHI academic and administrative staff, and students. We are looking for a range of styles and well-crafted and imaginative images. Photographs may be taken on any device, including phones.
Our four Edge subjects for this period are:
- Jagged edge
- The edge: weather
- Life and death on the edge
- The edge as visionary place
Each person may enter up to three photographs for each subject. Photographs must be taken during the competition period.
Please send your photographs by email (subject: Photo competition) in jpeg format to Pàdruig (email@example.com). Make sure each photograph is clearly labelled with your initials, title and subject (e.g. N.S.– photo title – Subject 1,2,3 or 4). The photographs will be judged by our two SILK experts: Lindsay Blair and Matt Sillars, with each subject having first, second, and third-ranking with an additional commended place. Winners will be announced at the end of January and have their photographs put up on either the clusters or UHI main website.
Terms and conditions:
- All copyright remains with the photographer
- Images which are entered will be used in SILK/HARC Edge Conference publicity and may be shown online in UHI social media and on the UHI Website.
- Full image credit will be added to all social media and online use.
- Images will only be used for other purposes by the University or the Research Clusters in negotiation with the copyright holder.