Industry Engagement Fund
The University of Highlands and Islands Aquaculture Hub brings together a unique collection of expertise and facilities located within the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. To further enable collaboration between Scotland’s Aquaculture Industry and the Aquaculture Hub we announce the launch of the Aquaculture Industry Engagement Fund.
The Fund is designed to support short term collaborative projects and to assist the aquaculture industry to access the university’s expertise and facilities. The Fund will enable businesses to innovate, progress new technology or techniques, develop bespoke training, and to support a sustainable aquaculture industry in Scotland.
Please note the deadline for the 1st call is 10th January 2018.
The Fund at a glance
- The purpose of the Aquaculture Industry Engagement Fund is to encourage collaborations and partnerships between a company and the University of the Highlands and Islands.
- The amount that can be applied for is between £1,000 and £10,000, which covers the academic project costs and is paid directly to the university.
- The company will be expected to make a contribution in cash or in kind (such as staff time, materials or equipment) or a combination of both.
- The project/feasibility study should be no longer than 6 months in length.
- The funds can be used to support research, training, networking or other activities that foster collaboration between the university and the aquaculture industry
Further details can be found on the AIEF A4 flyer.pdf.
To apply please download and read the AIEF guidance and application form.
To make an informal enquiry please use the contact details in the box below.
For further information on the Aquaculture Industry Engagement Fund or if you have not worked with a university partner before contact Michele Kerry at the university aquaculture hub: