Aquaculture Industry Engagement Fund
We have launched the 5th round of our Aquaculture Industry Engagement Fund (AIEF) - for project delivery in 2022
Funding is available from the Aquaculture Industry Engagement Fund (AIEF) for short-term collaborative aquaculture prjoects between the UHI Aquaculture Hub and Scotland’s aquaculture industry.
Funding, expertise and facilites are available now to progress your business ideas with the UHI Aquaculture Hub.
We can help you to develop aquaculture technologies and techniques, provide the training you require, organise events, undertake feasibility studies and research, provide consultancy, services and much more.
The AIEF at a glance:
- Grants will be awarded in the region of £1,000 and £20,000
- The project will typically be 1-6 months in duration
- Projects will normally be delivered in collaboration, between an organisation(s) and UHI.
- Collaborations will usually be between a company and UHI
- The AIEF will cover the academic project costs and is paid directly to the University
- Collaborations that involve more than one UHI Academic Partner will be scored more highly
- Companies will be expected to contribute cash or in kind (such as staff time, materials or equipment) or a combination of both
The principle aim of the AIEF is to facilitate engagement between the knowledge, science and innovation resources at UHI and the aquaculture industry.
This is the industry in its broadest sense - including commercial, policy, and regulatory, supply chain, etc.
|Enquiries and Submission Dates|
|All enquiries (verbal or email)
||before 28 January 2022|
|All applications must be received by||0900 h, Monday 7 February 2022|
|Projects are expected to start by||March 2021|
What to Do Next?
If you have a project idea please contact the UHI Aquaculture hub (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be able to help identify suitable partnerships with the University.
Staff are very welcome to propose projects. If you do not have an industry partner in mind, plesae contact the UHI Aquaculture Hub who will try to help.