The University of the Highlands and Islands is the United Kingdom’s leading integrated university encompassing both further and higher education. Based in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, our distinctive partnership of 13 independent colleges and research institutions is locally based and rooted in communities, but with national and international reach, as part of a regional university structure.
To support our work we are recruiting to the following role:
Administrator (Rural Health and Wellbeing)
|Salary range||£19,400 - £23,860 per annum|
|Working hours||35 hours per week|
|Location||Centre for Health Science, Inverness|
|Closing Date||Sunday 18 August 2019|
This post will be based within the Division of Rural Health and Wellbeing, which is a key part of the department of Health Research and Innovation, based at the Centre for Health Science in Inverness. The Centre is on the edge of the new Inverness Campus, Inverness.
The post holder will be responsible for circulating papers and taking minutes at monthly departmental and School of Health related meetings. They will co-ordinate the monitoring of research activities within the department through management of a database. They will be responsible for coordinating and booking travel for the team of researchers and PhD students, as well as processing expenses and credit card claims.
The administrator will provide general assistance in the organisation of research events such as seminars and an annual summer school.
- Educated to HNC level.
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Experience of providing administrative and PA duties.
- Experience of minute taking.
- Experience and skills with MS applications.
- Good communication skills.
Desirable criteria that would be advantageous:
- Experience of academic and/or research project administration.
- Experience of working with Sharepoint.
- Events organisation and administration experience.
Interviews will be held on Monday 9 September 2019.
- Job description
- Person specification
- Further information
- Terms and conditions
- Guidance notes for candidates
- Summary of terms and conditions of employment
- Apply online