The University of the Highlands and Islands is the United Kingdom’s leading integrated university encompassing both further and higher education. Based in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, our distinctive partnership of 13 independent colleges and research institutions is locally based and rooted in communities, but with national and international reach, as part of a regional university structure.
To support our work we are recruiting to the following role:
|Salary range||£37,175 - £43,096 per annum pro rata|
|Duration||Fixed Term for 12 months|
|Working hours||24.5 hours per week (0.7 FTE)|
|Location||Centre for Health Science, Inverness|
|Closing Date||Sunday 16 August|
Applications are invited for a Development Manager to join the Division of Rural Health and Wellbeing. Working with the Scottish Rural Health Partnership (SRHP) Academic Lead, the Chair of the Steering Group and the partnership administrator, the Development Manager will work to maintain SRHP as a forum where all interested in research, education, innovation and communities relating to Rural Health can communicate effectively and expand the remit of the partnership as a business development tool.
Scottish Rural Health Partnership
The Scottish Rural Health Partnership (SRHP) is the focal point for activity in the fields of research, education, and innovation in rural health across Scotland. The SRHP hub is hosted by the Rural Health and Wellbeing Department within the School of Health, University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI).
The aim is to continue to expand a national knowledge exchange partnership hub linking relevant UHI partners, local and external HEIs, NHS boards, RRHEAL (NHS Education Scotland), local and national Industries, third sector, Scottish Government health department, HIE, SE to form an access route for external organisations and networks and form a bridge to industry for rural health expertise and knowledge exchange within the SRHP community.
Rural Health and Wellbeing
The Division of Rural Health and Wellbeing team is a core element of the School of Health located in the UHI Centre for Health Science campus in Inverness city centre. The unit researches overarching themes of service design and delivery as well as the promotion of health and wellbeing, including projects in: Older people’s services; Digital health; Technology in health and social care; Community engagement and co-production; Diabetes services; Health behaviour change; and Physical activity promotion.
- Degree or equivalent management experience and post graduate or equivalent qualification
- Business development experience in an academic and/or commercial environment
- Experience of knowledge exchange and innovation processes
- Project management and line management experience
- Familiarity with education, training, and development
- Health sector knowledge and experience
- Health-related industry networking knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of commercial research, innovation, and the exploitation of academic research
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of an organisation
- High level written and oral communication skills
For further information and detailed role requirements, please see the document links below.
Interviews will be held week commencing 7 September 2020.
- Job description
- Person specification
- Further information
- Guidance notes for candidates
- Summary of terms and conditions of employment
- Apply online