The University of the Highlands and Islands is the United Kingdom’s leading integrated university encompassing both further and higher education. Based in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, our distinctive partnership of 13 independent colleges and research institutions is locally based and rooted in communities, but with national and international reach, as part of a regional university structure.
To support our work we are recruiting to the following role:
Recruitment of independent members to the Court of the University of the Highlands and Islands
|Closing Date||31 May 2021|
The University of the Highlands and Islands is seeking expressions of interest from talented and enthusiastic individuals who have a strong commitment to Higher and Further Education who would like to join the University Court as independent Governors.
- The University is particularly interested in recruiting one member with the appropriate skills and experience to a serve as a permanent chair of the University’s Audit Committee and one member with relevant skills and experience to serve as the University’s Further Education Regional Lead and joint chair of our Regional Strategy Committee.
The University is the United Kingdom’s leading integrated university encompassing both further and higher education. Based in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, our distinctive partnership of 13 independent colleges and research institutions is locally based and rooted in communities, but with national and international reach, as part of a regional university structure. Our reputation is built on our innovative approach to learning and our distinctive research and curriculum.
The Court is committed to equality and diversity and to ensuring that our governing body represents the staff, students and community that it serves and applications are particularly welcome from women, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minorities.
Applications demonstrating experience in any of the following areas:
- Financial management, accounting and risk
- Corporate governance and law
- Communications and marketing
- Estates and facilities
- Health provision or social care
- Change management
- and applications from those whose expertise lies elsewhere in the professions, business, industry and the third and public sector are encouraged.
The role of Governor is not remunerated, however, appropriate expenses will be paid.
The role requires attendance at four meetings per year and applicants should expect a minimum time commitment of approximately eight days per year. Appointments will be for three years in the first instance, with the position available from July 2021. Candidates must not be employees or students of the University.
The deadline for applications (cv and a covering letter) is 31 May 2021.
Applications are invited by email to:
Director of Corporate Governance & Acting University Secretary
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org@uhi.ac.uk or on 01463 279239.