The Careers Service Resource Library offers a range of information.
- Careers and Employability Centre Advice Sheets - short A4 leaflets on popular careers and employability topics
- Learning Resources - structured online learning materials that you can use to learn about key careers topics
- Seminar and Workshop Recordings - recordings of our videoconference careers seminars, hear from employers, alumni and other speakers about topics of interest
- E-books - available through the university's library service.
Careers and Employability Centre Advice Sheets
- Application Forms (also available in Gaelic)
- Career Planning (also available in Gaelic)
- Covering Letters (also available in Gaelic)
- CVs (also available in Gaelic)
- Options with a Degree (also available in Gaelic)
- Options with an HNC or HND (also available in Gaelic)
- Options with a Postgraduate Qualification (also available in Gaelic)
- Interviews (also available in Gaelic)
- Job Searching (also available in Gaelic)
- Networking (also available in Gaelic)
- Reflective Practice for Careers Development (also available in Gaelic)
- Researching Careers (also available in Gaelic)
- Student and Graduate Entitlement Statement (also available in Gaelic)
- Useful Websites
- What Employers Want (also available in Gaelic)
- What Jobs Would Suit Me? (also available in Gaelic)
- Work Experience (also available in Gaelic)
The Careers and Employability Centre has produced a number of interactive learning resource packages.
- Introduction to the working world
- Understanding yourself
- Understanding your options
- Preparing for Employment
- Career Research
- Career Development and Management
- Introduction to Work Experience
- Planning for Work Experience
- Finding Opportunities
- CVs and Application Forms
Further resources are in development on the topics of work experience and interviews.
To access these materials
Go to Blackboard, sign in and scroll down the page to the 'Course Catalog', click on 'Browse Course Catalog'. Search for 'UHI Careers' and you should find 'UHI Careers and Employability Centre'. You can self enroll on the course, and this will give you access to all the materials
All these learning resources can be found in the UHI Toolkit. Search for the resources by name. You can then download them and embed them into your own Blackboard sites. If you need any help finding or downloading the resources then please contact the Educational Development Unit.
Workshop and Seminar Recordings
Recordings of the Careers and Employability Centre workshops may be available at Workshops and events.
These workshops range from employer panels, to seminars on popular topics like teaching and social work, and on job search and employability topics such as CVs and Application forms.
- De Back, A (2010) Get Hired in a Tough Market
- Fagan, A (2008) Brilliant Job Hunting
- Innes, J (2009) The CV Book: Your definitive guide to writing the perfect CV
- Littleford, D; Halstead, J and Mulraine, C (2004) Opening Doors into the Job Market
- Corfield, R (2009) Successful Interview Skills: how to prepare, answer tough questions and get your ideal job
- De Luca, M (2004) 24 hours to the perfect interview: quick steps for planning, organising and preparing for the interview that gets the job