NHS 24 services
NHS 24 – find local services
Find your nearest GP, pharmacy, sexual health clinic, travel clinic and dentist in your area.
NHS inform Health A – Z
High-quality information on more than 800 health conditions and treatments which can be searched by A-Z or body map. Information can easily be printed by section to create an easy to read hand-out.
NHS inform – Mental Health and Wellbeing zone
A gateway to Scottish-focused information on different aspects of mental health and wellbeing such as:
• Stress management
• Helping yourself and accessing help
• Worried about someone
NHS inform –Musculoskeletal Zone
Offers information, advice and top tips to people with muscle or joint problems. Topics covered include:
• Upper body - information and advice on neck and upper limb problems.
• Back problems - prevent back problems from taking over daily life.
• Lower body - information and advice on hip and lower limb problems.
• Whiplash injuries - prevent whiplash injuries from taking over daily life.
• Treatment and recovery - advice on how to treat and recover from sprains, strains and sports injuries.
NHS inform – alcohol zone
Find out whether you are drinking more than is healthy by completing the Alcohol Zone questionnaire.
Support services directory
From addiction to multiple sclerosis, the Scottish Support Services Directory has local and national organisations ready to help. It can be searched using keywords, or by browsing the A-Z.
A number of our partner websites which may be of benefit to students are:
Health Rights Information Scotland
• Information for overseas visitors
• Information about health services in Scotland
• A guide to using NHS services in Scotland
Many of the resources on this website are offered in alternative formats and translations.
Breathing Space is a free, confidential phone and web based service for any individual who is experiencing low mood or depression, or who is unusually worried and in need of someone to talk to. Call 0800 83 85 87 (Mon-Thurs 6pm-2am and weekends 24hrs)
NHS Living Life is a telephone support service based on a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) approach. NHS Living Life Guided Self Help is available to anyone over the age of 16 suffering low mood, mild to moderate depression and/or anxiety. Call 0800 328 9655 (Mon-Fri 1pm-9pm) to make an appointment.
Sexual Health Scotland
Whether we're part of a couple, in a new relationship, have many partners or are happy and relaxed with no sex, everyone needs to take care of their sexual wellbeing. Visit Sexual Health Scotland for advice.