Healthy Body Healthy Mind week
The Lews Castle College UHI – Healthy Body, Healthy Mind week will include the following activities:
- Promotion of the healthy choice meals in the cafeteria.
- Oral Health students are having an Information stand to promote good oral hygiene
- An Lanntair, the local arts centre, will be promoting all their adult workshops which include Gaelic Drama, guitar, life drawing and accordion classes, as well as letting everyone know about their student membership and promoting the social and interactive side of an Lanntair – all great for social skills and wellbeing.
- Julia, who is the dance development officer at an Lanntair, will be providing a free demo to students and staff on contemporary dance.
- The catering students are providing super healthy smoothies along with a recipe booklet so everyone can try them out at home.
- The Hair and Beauty Students are carrying out relaxing hot-stone hand massage and also a feel good wash and blow dry.
- The local Citizen’s Advice Bureau will be here to provide information on the services they offer with a focus on dealing with money issues.
- Western Isles Health Promotion will be providing various, informative and fun sessions during the week on a variety of subjects.
- Befriending Lewis will be having an information stand to explain what they do, how this impacts on other’s lives and to find out if anyone would like to volunteer.
Relaunch of the college counselling service..