Thomas Blake Glover Scholarship
The Japan Society of Scotland are offering a short travel scholarship, sponsored by Aberdeen Asset Management, to visit Japan.
The visit provides a structured introduction to Japanese language and culture as a basis for future professional links. The Scholarship is open to Scottish students or recent graduates and the visit lasts around five or six weeks, taking place during July and August 2020.
- Round trip travel between applicant's home and the Japanese Language Summer School at the International Chrisitian University, Tokyo, including economy airfare to Japan
- Cost of fees and residence
- Support for living expenses during the period of study
- Travel and subsistence for the period of customised study
- Medical insurance cover
Who can apply
All candidates should:
- Be of Scottish birth, descent or long-term residency of at least five years in Scotland
- Be either in full-time higher education in the UK or a graduate of a British university no later than 2014
- Be able to articulate a defined interest in a professional field which relates to Japan, in which the study of Japanese language would be beneficial or necessary.
- Have a sound academic record and demonstrate the potential to achieve excellent results.
- Not be already engaged in a full-time Japanese programme of study.
Note: Applications for this fund are currently closed.