Winter Covid Hardship Fund
The fund is to help students who are:
- In financial hardship due to paying rent for term time accommodation they are unable to return to due to lockdown restrictions
- In financial hardship due to impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Loss of income
- Increased utility costs due to studying from home
Please note funds will be distributed on a first come first served basis. Currently, there are limited funds available.
- Open to ALL students including FE, HE, International and EU.
- Must be in financial hardship.
- Scottish and RUK students should be in receipt of some form of living cost support from SAAS or their home funding body first
To demonstrate financial hardship, students must submit:
- An application (see How to apply)
- A copy of your rent agreement (if this is what you require assistance for)
- 2 months’ recent and consecutive bank statements for all accounts, including spouse/partner’s, if applicable. The documents should clearly show the account holder’s name, account number and sort code to enable award payments. If you use online banking, you will be able to export your statement to a PDF. Please save the file and email this document. This will make it easier for funding practitioners to assess your evidence as all information is contained in the one document.
- Any submission without this information will delay your request being considered.
How to apply
Please ensure you also email the required evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be unable to assess your application without proof of your hardship.
It is anticipated this fund will receive a high number of applications and Student Support teams will process applications as quick as possible. Once you have submitted your application form, please do not contact your local team unless you are contacted by them. You will be notified by either a letter to your Hub account or an email to your college email account. Payment of the award will be made by end of April, unless otherwise stated in the notification
If you require any additional support in completing your application form or have any other queries, please get in touch with the local campus you are enrolled through. Their contact details are below:
- Argyll College UHI
- Highland Theological College UHI
- Inverness College UHI
- Lews Castle College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- NAFC Marine Centre
- North Highland College UHI
- Orkney College UHI
- Perth College UHI
- Sabhal Mòr Ostaig
- SAMS Marine Centre UHI
- Shetland College UHI
- West Highland College UHI
- Nursing and Midwifery students