UHISF Scholarship (USA citizen only)
International students at UHI can take advantage of a number of Scholarships. Some are funded by government and other external bodies and others by UHI partner institutes for year 2016-17.
University of the Highlands and Islands of Scotland Foundation (UHISF) has established a Scholarship Fund which would provide support to US citizens wishing to take undergraduate study of at least one academic session (i.e. two consecutive semesters) at the University of the Highlands and Islands. The scheme offers 2 awards, each worth $2000 for any one year of study.
To be considered for the scholarship you must meet eligibility criteria:
- Be a citizen of United States of America
- You will have applied to the University of the Highlands and Islands for a place starting in September 2016 or January 2017* and have firmly accepted the offer, either conditional or unconditional before applying.
- Your course must be at an Undergraduate level.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you can meet the costs of living and remaining tuition fees
- You must submit a statement (of no more than 500 words) providing your reason for wishing to study at the University of the Highlands and Islands.
Award of the scholarship shall be based on a combination (equally weighted) of academic merit and the statement providing your reason for wishing to study at the University of the Highlands and Islands
$2000 (for any one year of study)
How to apply
The deadline for applications for the 2016/17 scholarships is 27 May 2016 (Midnight GMT) for September 2016 applications.
Notification of awards
The university will inform you shortly after the closing date.
More information can be found on the University of the Highlands and Islands of Scotland Foundation Webpage or you may contact our UHI World team via email@example.com.