Why study at UHI?
As an international student, why should you study at the University of the Highlands and Islands?
- The Highlands and Islands of Scotland are one of the most beautiful regions in Europe, so you will be able to study and live in an unspoilt, natural environment
- The small class sizes mean that you will have a more personal experience of university, and our friendly staff are always available to help and support you throughout your studies
- The university has expertise in a number of research areas, and in the Research Excellence Framework 69% of our research was recognised as 'internationally excellent' or 'world-leading'
- In your spare time you will be able to enjoy the amazing landscapes of the region and take part in outdoor pursuits, or take advantage of the many cultural and historical sites across the Highlands and Islands, or even go to a major music festival! There's something here for everyone
- We have expertise in some very specialised subjects, including: marine science, renewable energy, archaeology, sustainable development, oral health, adventure tourism, Gaelic and many more, so you can choose to do something different.
- We are a member of Education UK (British Council) and the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)
- The university has many global connections and relationships with other universities around the world
- We are a government-funded university and registered as a Tier 4 sponsor with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and listed in their ‘Register of Sponsors’.