Ms Lesley Andrews
- Member of Cochrane Nursing Care Field – contributing to the dissemination of research to the nursing community through publication.
- Currently undertaking Healthcare Law and Ethics LLM with Dundee University
- Andrews L (2016) Interprofessional education: effects on professional practice and healthcare outcomes, Singapore Nursing Journal, 43(3) pp 25-26
- Andrews L (2016) Virtual Reality Simulation Training for Health Professions Trainees in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Gastroenterology Nursing, 39(5) pp 401-402
- Andrews L (2016) Endoscopic or Surgical Intervention for Painful Obstructive Chronic Pancreatitis, Gastroenterology Nursing, 39(5) pp 401-402
- Andrews L (2016) Different types of intermittent pneumatic compression devices for preventing venous thromboembolism in patients after total hip replacement, Orthopaedic Nursing 35(6) pp 424-425
- Andrews, L. (2016) Music for Insomnia in Adults, Clinical Nurse Specialist (Jul/Aug) pp 198-199
- Andrews, L. (2016) Treating depression and anxiety in people with dementia, Nursing Times 112(16) pp 20
- Andrews, L. (2016) Are day hospitals effective for older people’s care? Nursing Times 112 (11) pp 23
- Andrews, L. (2016) Non-specialist health worker interventions for the care of mental, neurological and substance-abuse disorders in low- and middle-income countries, Journal for Issues in Mental Health Nursing. 37 (2), pp. 131-132.
- Andrews, L. (2015) Probiotics for preventing ventilator-associated pneumonia, Veteran General Hospital Journal of Nursing, 32(2), pp 219-220
- Andrews, L. (2015) Computer-assisted surgery for knee ligament reconstruction, Orthopaedic Nursing 36(6), pp 375.
- Andrews, L. (2014) Systematic review summary: Oral hygiene care for critically ill patients to prevent ventilator-associated pneumonia, Singapore Nursing Journal 41 (3) pp 46-47.
- Andrews, L. (2014) Benefits of exercise programmes for people with dementia, Nursing Times 110 (28) pp25.
- Andrews, L. (2013) Systematic review summary - Psychosocial interventions to improve quality of life and emotional well-being for recently diagnosed cancer patients, Singapore Nursing Journal. 40(3) pp47-48.
- Andrews, L. (2013) Cochrane Review Brief: Cinnamon for Diabetes Mellitus. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing 18 (2).
- Andrews, L. (2013) Dietary Flavonoids for the Prevention of Colorectal Cancer Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing 17(6) pp. 671-672.
- Andrews, L. (2013) Antiplatelet and Anticoagulant Drugs for Prevention of Restenosis/Re-occlusion After Peripheral Endovascular Treatment. Clinical Nurse Specialist 27(3) pp121-122.
- PGCert Academic Practice Open University
- BSc Nursing Glasgow Caledonian University
- PG Diploma Management Studies Glasgow Caledonian University
- NMC Registrant
- Teach and assessing a wide range of subjects using varied approaches across the undergraduate nursing programme and post qualifying programme.
- Contribute to curriculum development
- Provide a campus contact point for students with disabilities
- Administrative responsibilities including module development and timetabling
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students
- 15 year academic experience teaching and assessing a variety of subjects appropriate to nursing across a range of academic levels.
- 25 years clinical experience in a variety of clinical settings including renal, intensive care and stroke rehabilitation. Had the opportunity in the latter part of my clinical career to take the lead nursing role in the development of new renal services for two health board areas.