Doing business with us
As a member of APUC, the University of the Highlands and Islands is working in partnership with this centre of expertise to support the development of advanced procurement across the further and higher education sector in Scotland. In recognition of this support and in order to fully comply with Scottish Government procurement policies and European procurement legislation, the university has established a .
The Scottish Procurement Policy Handbook sets the fundamental rules, behaviours, and standards applicable to public procurement activity in Scotland whereas in accordance with procurement best practice, this policy provides details of the university’s
- procurement leadership and governance
- procurement strategy and objectives
- approach to defining its supply needs, including the specification of goods and services
- sourcing strategy and use of collaborative procurement
- key purchasing processes and systems, and
- contract management.