Useful information


What to pack

What to pack and bring with you to the student accommodation and what not to pack.

Sample Tenancy Agreement

The tenancy agreement is a legal document outlining the contractual agreement between a student resident in the accommodation and the University.  The tenancy agreement is issued and signed on the accommodation portal after you have accepted your room offer.

Accommodation costs and lease dates

How to pay

Students have the option to pay monthly, with payments due on the 20th of each month or in full.  Please note that for international students in all cases payment must be made in full before moving in.

Bank Transfers

Payments should be made by bank transfer.  The bank details can be found on the accommodation portal or alternatively by emailing

Please note that any fees or commission charged for currency conversion or transaction charges must be paid by the resident. The University shall accept no responsibility for payment of these charges.


UHI is working in partnership with Endsleigh, the UK’s no.1 student insurance provider, to protect the contents inside your room.  You don’t need to do anything to activate this cover, but it is important for you to fully understand the protection provided and whether it is sufficient for your needs.

The policy number is: HH1487

You can find out more from Endsleigh:

  • Check the level of cover provided
  • Review key exclusions and limitations
  • Check the policy excess
  • Learn how to make a claim
  • Extend and personalise cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables

Check the cover provided with Endsleigh