The principal and vice-chancellor, secretary and associated staff are responsible for the overall operations of the University of the Highlands and Islands as well as relationships with our partner colleges and research institutions throughout the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
Each of our partner colleges and research institutions also has their own principal or director with responsibilities to their own board or board of management.
- Professor Clive Mulholland, Principal and Vice-Chancellor
- Professor Crichton Lang, Deputy Principal and Head of School of Health, Social Care and Life Sciences
- Fiona Larg, Chief Operating Officer and Secretary
- Dr Jeff Howarth, Vice-Principal (Enterprise)
- Diane Rawlinson, Vice-Principal (Further Education)
- Professor Neil Simco, Assistant Principal for Curriculum Growth and Acting Vice-Principal (Research)
- Lydia Rohmer, Vice-Principal (Tertiary)
- Iain MacMillan, Vice-Principal (Strategic Harmonisation and Organisational Efficiencies)
- Professor Stuart Gibb, Vice-Principal (International and External Engagement)
- Dr Brian Boag, Subject Network Leader for Humanities, Education and Gaelic and Acting Dean of Arts, Humanities and Business
- Dr Gary Campbell, Dean of Science, Health and Engineering and Assistant Principal for Curriculum Enhancement
- Michael Rayner, Dean of Research
- Dr Iain Morrison, Dean of Students
- Rhiannon Tinsley, Academic Registrar